Earlier this week I had a chance to stop by the newly remodeled Singapore Airlines’ SilverKris Lounge at SFO. It reopened last week after being closed for refurbishments the last few months. The new lounge is sleeker and better maximizes the limited space that SQ has to work with:
- The First Class/Business Class division is gone. Now every passenger has access to the whole lounge and the wall separating the two sides has been removed, allowing for more seating and a more spacious feel to the lounge.
- With the division removed, food is now centrally located in the middle of the lounge and features the same selection of finger foods and fresh fruit that SQ offered prior to the renovation. Chinese-style soup has been added.
- New silverware and dishes
- Self-serve bar remains
- Black granite countertops and tan leather seats give the lounge a sleeker look
- Bathrooms remain unchanged (they were already nice).
- Business hours remain the same: 9:45-12:00 and 21:00-00:00
Although the changes are minimal, the lounge is even better than before and I highly recommend you drop by if find yourself in SFO in the late morning or late evening. Remember, while Red Carpet Clubs will not allow United Star Alliance Gold members entrance unless traveling on an international itinerary, any Star Gold traveling on any ticket (even if just SFO-MRY in economy) can access the SilverKris lounge.