Book now and save big at hotels.com. If you have never joined hotels.com’s Key Card Collectors Program or have joined but never booked a hotel room through the website, the Great Unloyaling Promotion is for you. Through this offer you can earn up to $400 in hotel credit after making your first reservation.
Ric Garrido (Loyalty Traveler) sums up the promotion nicely:
How It Works:
- Must be U.S. resident and 18 years of age and either a new member of Hotels.com WelcomeRewards or an existing member who has never made a WelcomeRewards.com booking.
- Register at http://www.keycardcollectors.com/ and fill out form.
- Within 24 hours you should receive an email confirmation of keycardcollectors promotion registration.
- Send proof of 3 hotel stays in 3 separate major hotel loyalty programs since 1/1/2011 or proof of 5 hotel stays in any major hotel loyalty program since 2011.
- Any official receipt, email receipt, screenshot that shows you stayed in three different hotels is acceptable. There appears to be no requirement that these hotel stays earned loyalty points so they can be award stays or Cash & Points stays.
- Send statement proof within 45 days of promotion registration by email, mail or fax to:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Hotels.com, c/o WelcomeRewards, 10440 N. Central
Expressway, Suite 800, Dallas, Texas 75231
- Fax: Toll Free (866) 362 – 2606
- When you sign up you are enrolled in Hotels.com FiveStar program until December 31, 2011.
- You will receive a coupon code for your first booking in the FiveStar enrollment confirmation email.
- Complete a hotel booking on Hotels.com using the coupon code and complete your stay by November 15, 2011.
- After you have completed your qualifying stay and your hotel loyalty activity has been verified (hotel stays in three hotels from different major loyalty programs or five stays in hotels in any major loyalty program since 1/1/2011 ), your account will be updated to include a free night for the value of the average room night from your completed Hotels.com stay.
- The free night will appear in the form of 10 Hotels.com WelcomeRewards credits for the value of the average room night from your initial Hotels.com booking, with a maximum value of $400.
This promotion is ideal for hotels without loyalty programs where you cannot easily use points to get a free night, such as many four and five star hotels in Las Vegas.
If you already use hotels.com and still want to take advantage of the offer, I don’t see any harm in signing up for a second account…