Air France/KLM Flying Blue has released its Promo Awards for September 2014 and the pickings continue to get slimmer for business class deals between North America and Europe. This month, there is not a single city 50% off or even 25% off business class space in North America – the closest business class sale is Panama City.
But a 25K r/t economy class award is nothing to scoff at if you live in Detroit (Detroit – Tel Aviv or anywhere in Europe for 50K r/t is about as cheap as it can get) and 50K r/t for Premium Economy if you live in Washington is also a tremendous deal. Fuel surcharges are very moderate on economy class awards, so unlike British Airways transatlantic flights, you don’t give up the value of a coach class mileage redemption in the taxes and fees.
Travel must be booked by 9/30/2014 for travel between 11/01/2014 and 12/31/2014. All space must be booked online at flyingblue.com.
Here’s a look at a few highlights from this month’s sale:
Note the following conditions, particularly that Promo Awards cannot be modified, cancelled, or refunded—
- Reservations must be made exclusively on www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for bookings for children, infants and minors, who are not authorised to book an award on the website).
- In the event that a technical problem occurs when reserving the promotional fare or if the reservation cannot be finalised, the Flying Blue member must log on to the site and repeat the procedure.
- This award ticket may be used on connecting flights within Europe and on connecting flights from Europe to long-haul flights.
- These promotional Promo Award@ may not be modified, cancelled or refunded.
- Promo Award@ are available for one-way tickets and round trips.
- Flex Award are not included in the Promo Award@ offer.
I love the advice if you run into technical problems – just keep trying. So typical of the Stone Age Mentality of Flying Blue.