While I usually make a beeline to one of the British Airways lounges when traveling through Heathrow’s Terminal 5, lately I have been doing more intra-Europe economy class on BA (only 4,500 miles for flights under 600 miles). Having lost my AA Executive Platinum status, that means no more BA lounge access, but now there is an alternative: Aspire, the Lounge and Spa at LHR T5 is now open and is a Priority Pass lounge.
The lounge will be operated by Swissport and be available to all passengers, regardless of travel class, for a fee or a valid Priority Pass card.
Most savvy American travelers have Priority Pass via an American Express Platinum card or a CITI Prestige Card. Only the CITI card allows a complimentary guest in as well. Here’s some info about the lounge:
- Located past security/immigration near Gate 18
- Opening Hours:
- 05:00 – 23:00 daily (Lounge)
- 06:00 – 20:00 daily (Spa)
- Maximum 3 hour stay
- Children under 2 years are admitted free
- Spa services available for a fee
- Shower facilities available for a fee
- Rest Pods available
- Food & Beverages (including Champagne) from the Premium menu for a fee
- Smart casual dress at all times (no football shirts allowed)
There will be a wide-range of complimentary British-inspired food in addition to the premium menu and I look forward to visiting!
Photo courtesy of Swissport