For nonstop flights between LAX/SFO and JFK from September 1st through December 31st, Delta is offering triple redeemable miles on BusinessElite and select economy fares.
Economy fares included in the offer are only Y, B, and M so forget about mileage running with this offer. Business class fares included are J, C, D, S, and I. There is no limit to how many miles you can earn.
Delta, who entered the competition on these routes late, is working hard to steal away business in a market that American and United have dominated for years. While both AA and UA offer three-cabin products between JFK and LAX/SFO, Delta is now offering the following amenities to business class passengers on its two-cabin 757s that operate these routes:
- Complimentary Delta Sky Club access with same-day ticketed air travel
- Priority check-in and baggage handling
- Pre-departure beverage service
- Leather sleeper seats
- AVOD entertainment system featuring a library of films, HBO programming, TV, music, and games
- In-flight Internet—Wi-Fi
- Power and USB ports at every seat
- Gourmet entrées from celebrity chef Michelle Bernstein
- A selection of fine wines, spirits and beers
- "Sophisticated" china, cutlery and linens
The amenities are good, but also offered by United and American. This is a great offer for SkyTeam members making business trips or spur of the moment getaways between the West Coast and JFK, but hardly anything to get excited about for cost-conscious business and leisure travelers.