This deal has been going on all afternoon, but the fat lady isn’t signing yet:
Expedia.ca is offering $300 off your trip (air + hotel) to New York City, Las Vegas, or Cancún and there are no strings attached except for the eligible travel dates, which are November 20 through December 31.
Follow these simple steps to save big:
1. Go to expedia.ca and choose to search for a hotel + flight package (or any vacation package you want that includes a hotel night).
2. Book a separate ticket for each member of your party to maximize savings.
3. Ideally, look for a flight and hotel combo that is under C$300. On the initial search page, you can specify if you do not need a hotel room for every night of your trip (i.e. you can book an eight day trip but only reserve a hotel room for one night, thereby maximizing the benefit of this deal).
4. On the final page, click on the "I have a voucher" link right before you input your credit card information and enter SAVE300.
5. Presto! C$300 is removed from your final price. If you are already under $300, you pay nothing. All you will see is a charge from the airline (e.g. $297) then a refund from Expedia (e.g. $297) which posts immediately.
Here’s the details of the offer:
SAVE300 – C$300 discount voucher
Canadian bookings only. Book a flight + hotel package at an Expedia Special Rate hotel in Las Vegas, Cancun, Riviera Maya and Manhattan on www.expedia.ca from 12:00:01AM PT November 20, 2010 to 11:59:59 PM PT November 21, 2010 for travel between November 20, 2010 – December 31, 2010 and receive a C$300 discount on that booking off Expedia.ca’s current advertised prices for that flight + Expedia Special Rate hotel package.
You must use voucher code SAVE300 when prompted on the Billing & Delivery page during check-out to receive the discount. Limit of one voucher per booking. Discount cannot be applied post-purchase and is applied after applicable taxes. Valid for qualifying flight+hotel bookings only; new bookings only. No minimum night stay required. Travel cannot begin before November 20, 2010 and must be completed by December 31, 2010. Voucher has no cash surrender value.
The key question, of course, is what does Canadian bookings only mean? Since the site allows the input of U.S. telephone numbers, addresses, and credit cards, I presume that only means the promo must be booked through Expedia’s Canadian website.
Book by November 21, 2010 for travel through December 31. (But I’d book immediately just to be safe–I have made 12 booking today for various friends and family).
Also, you cannot use the same credit card more than once to take advantage of this offer and you need to reset your cache every time you want to book an additional trip or else you get a "voucher has already been used" error.