Delayed and cancelled flights, angry pilots and FAs, and the doldrums of bankruptcy have all worked against the consumer for the last several months over at American Airlines. About a month ago, I predicted that AA would bring back a double elite qualifying mile promotion in an attempt to assuage all the bad news and today AA has come through. In fact, they have done even better: not only are double EQMs back for AA-operated flights through the end of the year, but American is also offering double award miles. This is big news!
Simply register here with the promotion code AATHX. This means that flyers with Executive Platinum Status can earn a 300% RDM bonus on most fares! Previously booked fares count, so worry not if your travel is already ticketed (just be sure to register for the promotion). Only AA flights count, so flying one oneworld partners will not trigger any bonus miles.
Here’s the fine print-–
- AAdvantage promotion is valid for all travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle and the American Connection® carrier marketed and operated flights from November 1, 2012, through December 31, 2012.
- This offer does not require travel to be booked during a specific time frame; travel booked prior to the start date of this promotion is eligible.
- Offer applies to all eligible segments flown, regardless of the type of trip, i.e. one-way, round-trip, circle trip or trips including open jaws.
- Registration prior to midnight CT December 31, 2012 is required. Registration automatically applies to both the double elite qualifying miles and points offer as well as the Thanksgiving double flight miles promotion.
- All eligible travel flown during the offer period, but prior to registration will also be included retroactively.
- Bonus elite qualifying miles or points will count towards your 2013 membership year.
- This offer does not increment the member’s prize eligible mileage balance or Million Miler status.
- Double elite-qualifying miles and points will be calculated at 100% of the base miles or points earned, respectively.
- The initial posting of double elite qualifying miles and points will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 3-4 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Thereafter, the postings will occur weekly.
- Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual.
- Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion.