Aer Lingus is not only introducing a new fully lie-flat business class seat, but also a totally redesigned business class experience. I had a chance to learn more about the product and test out the new seat at a recent event in the Bay Area and I am very excited about the new service, which will be standard on all U.S. Aer Lingus transatlantic flights by the end of March.
Today marks the launch of the fourth route with the new business class product, leaving only Boston with the old seat:
- Dublin to San Francisco: New Business Class Seat
- Dublin to New York: New Business Class Seat
- Dublin to Chicago: New Business Class Seat
- Dublin to Orlando: New Business Class Seat (starting today)
- Dublin to Boston: New Business Class coming February 27, 2015
Over the month of March, some days will still feature the older seats, but the full transformation will be complete before April.
Naturally, the new seat is the focal point of the new product and the new business class seat will offer direct aisle access to 90% of passengers and a 6’5″ bed.
But that will not be the only onboard change. We will also see positive upgrades to the ground experience and soft product onboard, reflected nicely on this chart below.
The new business class experience includes (I am just quoting the poster above):
- Premium check-in areas available at all airports
- Dublin will also have an exclusive premium entrance hall to speed up your travel
- Every member of our staff has been trained to deal with ticketing and Gold Circle Issues
- Fast-Track security lanes bypass lengthy queues and expedite your trip to the aircraft and the lounge
- Relax in one of our signature lounges in Dublin, Heathrow, Boston, and soon-to-be-open New York
- Lounge access is also available at all US, UK, and European airports for our Business Class guests
- Enjoy complimentary drinks and snacks, as well as free Wi-Fi
Customs & Boarder Pre-Clearance
- Dublin airport’s pre-clearance means you ‘arrive’ in the US before you even depart Ireland
- No queuing when you get to the states as you arrive as a domestic passenger
- Business Class guests also receive priority boarding for all flights
- Business Class guests can enjoy an exclusive pre-dine service from New York and Boston
- Our pre-dine menu offers a gourmet food selection while you wait for your flight
- Enjoy our Business Class selected red or white wine with your meal
- Fully-flat seat for complete relaxation and the best possible sleep
- The best modern Irish food with the freshest ingredients
- Signature cocktails on arrival on board, with the finest wines and champagne
- Dine early with our express meal service
- Menu and inflight ambience themed to time of day, maximizing your comfort
- Larger, high definition entertainment screens, with increased content.
- Priority baggage delivery
- Refresh yourself on arrival with a shower in the new arrivals lounge
- Have your shirts and suits steam pressed
- Enjoy a coffee, juice and croissant before going to the office
And Wi-Fi was not even mentioned above, but will be available on each aircraft and complimentary for business class passengers.
The event was hosted by Aer Lingus and included some delicious Irish food that will be featured onboard — I just love Irish butter and cheese:
With the next several months of my schedule already earmarked, I will not be trying the Aer Lingus product till September (only 25K Avios between Boston and Dublin in business class through 30 April 2015) but cannot wait to test drive this upgraded product! Thankfully, the inevitable merger with British Airways will not result in any changes to the product…at least for the foreseeable future.
> Read More: IAG Group Moves Closer to Aer Lingus Acquisition