United Airlines ordered 18 777-300ER aircraft. The first 14 will be delivered during 2017 with the four additional aircraft coming in 2018. What routes can you find the new aircraft on?
What’s So Good About the United 777-300ER?
The United 777-3ooER will be good for some and bad for others. The aircraft features United’s new Polaris Business Class seat that offers every passenger direct-aisle access. It is a dense configuration, but a nice improvement over the current seat.
If you’re in economy class however, watch out: you’ll be squeezed 10 across, making the cabin more uncomfortable than on the Dreamliner.
What Routes Will United Operate their 777-300ER on?
United will operate its new 777-30o on the following routes:
- Newark (EWR) ⇄ San Francisco (SFO) [flight numbers vary] – Started 16 February 2017
- San Francisco (SFO) ⇄ Hong Kong (HKG) [UA 862/869] – Started 25 March 2017
- Newark (EWR) ⇄ Tel Aviv (TLV) [UA 90/91] – Started 05 May 2017
- San Francisco (SFO) ⇄ Tokyo (NRT) [UA 837/838] – Started 14 June 2017
- San Francisco (SFO) ⇄ Taipei (TPE) [UA 871/872] – Starting 01 August 2017 (reverts to 3-class 772 on March 24, 2018 )
- San Francisco (SFO) ⇄ Beijing (PEK) [UA 888/889] – Starting 06 September 2017
- San Francisco (SFO) ⇄ Frankfurt (FRA) [UA 58/59] – Starting 05 October 2017
- Newark (EWR) ⇄ Tokyo (NRT) [UA 79/78] – Starting 28 October 2017
- San Francisco (SFO) ⇄ London (LHR) [UA 901/900] – Starting 24 March 2018 (will replace TPE route)
Further United 777-300ER Routes?
A FA friend usually in the know is reporting that San Francisco to Sydney will become a 777-300ER route on November 01, 2017. That has not yet been confirmed in the schedule.
United’s new 777-300ER offer a brand new business class product that once again give United a competitive seat. I’ll update this post as further routes are announced.