United Airlines is auctioning off two seats on its final 747-400 flight.
This is not a dollar auction, but a MileagePlus auction. The package includes domestic transport to San Francisco on 11/06/17, a hotel room, two economy class seats on the final 747-400 flight on 11/07/17, two nights in Honolulu, and airfare back to the Lower 48 + Alaska. The star level of the hotel is not specified.
It also includes a “commemorative piece of a Boeing 747” which is an interesting gift. Depends on what type of part it is, I suppose.
Sadly, Hawaiian residents are excluded from this deal. I think starting the trip in Hawaii, traveling to SFO, then traveling back home would actually cost United less…but just note the contest rules exclude Hawaii.
Currently the bidding is at 205,000 for the package. I expect bidding to exceed 500,000 miles.
Here are the details and rules for the auction:
- United Economy® domestic airfare for two to SFO on Monday, November 6, 2017 from anywhere in the 48 domestic U.S.+ Alaska*
- Hotel accommodation near SFO
- Check in: Monday, November 6, 2017
- Check out: Tuesday, November 7, 2017
- First customers to board the last flight of Boeing 747 “The Queen of the Skies”
- United Economy® airfare for two to HNL on the last flight of Boeing 747 “The Queen of the Skies” from SFO to HNL on Tuesday, November 7, 2017
- Departs SFO at 11:00 a.m. (time is subject to change)
- Lands in HNL at 2:45 p.m. (time is subject to change)
- Hotel accommodations for two nights in downtown Honolulu, Hawaii
- Check in: Tuesday, November 7, 2017
- Check out: Thursday, November 9, 2017
- United Economy® domestic airfare for two from HNL to member’s local airport within the 48 states + Alaska
- One commemorative piece of a Boeing 747 “Queen of the Skies” plane that will be delivered to your home
I honestly still believe there will be some seats that open on the flight. Also check out the Air New Zealand booking trick, which may or may not reappear.