For years I have wanted to try Finnair. A business trip to China allowed me to finally sample not just Finnair’s business class, but the Finnair A350.
John and I were in Germany and had to get to Beijing. Although John’s first choice is always Lufthansa First Class, I talked him into trying Finnair Business Class for this trip. Not only was there award space on our date, but American Airlines does not pass on fuel surcharges when flying on Finnair. The A350 is one of my favorite aircraft and Finnair’s reverse-herringbone business class seats made for a comfortable journey to Asia.
This trip report from travel in July 2016 will be brief, covering two flights, two hotels, and one lounge.
- Grand Hyatt Berlin Review
- Finnair A321 Review – Business Class Berlin to Helsinki
- How Could I Miss the Sauna in the Finnair Lounge?!
- Finnair Business Class Lounge Helsinki (HEL)
- Finnair A350 Review – Business Class Helsinki to Beijing
- Park Hyatt Beijing Review
If you’re curious, I traveled to Germany and home from Beijing on United Airlines and will not write about those flights.
Since I’m not writing about my time in China beyond the hotel review, I’ll also note how bad the air pollution was in Beijing. Now I know what Beijing smog is actually like…