You can now bid on the chance for a chance to have dinner next to an ex-United 747-400.
Through an auction currently live on the MileagePlus Exclusives website, members can bid miles to travel to Tupelo, Mississippi for a private tour of Universal Asset Management (UAM) Aircraft Disassembly Center, an aviation asset management facility that is currently home to a number of retired United 747 aircraft. The tour will culminate with a champagne toast in the 747 first-class cabin of N118UA, followed by dinner under the belly of the aircraft, which operated the airline’s final 747 revenue flight last year.
The package includes:
- Roundtrip United Economy® domestic airfare for two to Memphis, Tennessee
- Two-night hotel accommodations at a Marriott hotel property in Memphis
- Check-in: Friday, June 1, 2018
- Check out: Sunday, June 3, 2018
- Access for two to tour UAM’s hangar and aircraft disassembly center that holds some of United’s 747s on Saturday, June 2, 2018
- Tail numbers: N118UA, N117UA and N121UA
- Access for two to tour UAM’s Global Distribution Center on Saturday, June 2, 2018
- A champagne toast in the first-class cabin of a United 747 on Saturday, June 2, 2018
- Complimentary dinner outside with the “Queen of the Skies” on Saturday, June 2, 2018
- Roundtrip shuttle bus transportation from Memphis to Tupelo on Saturday, June 2, 2018
United is offering five packages for this event:
- MileagePlus members – 2 packages
- MileagePlus Premier members – 2 packages
- United Chase MileagePlus-branded credit card holders – 1 package
If you missed the final 747 flight or a chance to see United’s 747s once more, now you have another chance. The chance to visit an aircraft disassembly center is also interesting. As an aside, Memphis is also a great city to visit.