United will open its fourth Polaris Lounge on Friday, this one in Houston (IAH). United describes its latest addition to the Polaris Lounge portfolio as akin to a “boutique hotel”.
Indeed, at 12K square feet the lounge is far smaller than San Francisco and Newark (each over 27K square feet). Even so, United has maintained key Polaris lounge elements including an a la carte dining room, shower suites, and daybeds. The new lounge includes:
- 191 seats
- 12,000 square feet
- 324 power outlets and 264 USB ports
- 2 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
- 6 shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co’s Cowshed Spa products
- Personal valet services, including steaming garments
- A private dining area with table service for up to 28 guests
- 11 pieces of contemporary art
- Hours of Operation: 5:30AM – 10:30PM daily
I mentioned this lounge is described by United as a boutique hotel. This comes from Mark Krolick, United’s Vice President of Marketing:
We specifically designed this United Polaris lounge location to feel like a boutique hotel, with dedicated spaces for relaxation, refreshing and dining and we’re confident that our Houston customers and those connecting through this award-winning airport will enjoy a best-in-class lounge experience.
That last dish looks amazing…
I plan to visit the new lounge very soon and will report back on crowding, dining, and overall comfort.