First it was flight attendants, now it is a pilot.
I’ve written about JANET before, the “secret” government airline that transports workers to highly-classified government facilities. The airline is now hiring a 737 first officer! But this won’t be a standard job interview…
> Read More: The Secret U.S. Government Airline
Minimum requirements for the job include:
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, the national airspace, and U.S. airman/aeronautical procedures.
- Minimum of 3,000 fixed wing flying hours in-seat with 300 in-seat hours within last five years.
- At least 1,000 hours must be in turbine-powered aircraft and at least 1,000 hours must be as the pilot in command (PIC).
- A willingness to live in Las Vegas
But that’s not all. You’ll also need a top secret clearance for this JANET pilot job.
Securing one will require an extensive background check probing your:
- Allegiance to the United States
- Foreign influence
- Foreign preference
- Sexual behavior
- Personal conduct
- Financial considerations
- Alcohol consumption
- Drug involvement
- Emotional, mental, and personality disorders
- Criminal conduct
- Security violations
- Outside activities
- Misuse of information technology systems
(list courtesy of U.S. State Department)
Want to apply for this JANET pilot job? You can apply here.
image: Tomás Del Coro / Wikimedia Commons